Conventional wisdom dictates that your primary residence is your best investment — but is it really? Is it possible that, contrary to what we’ve all been told, that it’s actually the worst investment to make? Matt gives you the unequivocal answer on today’s episode!
I have been digging into your material and would love to hear you elaborate on why buying a home for personal use is a bad investment. Cheers!
– Jimmy Fuentas in Central Florida
What You’ll Learn:
- Why purchasing a personal residence does fill some needs; but
- Why it still makes a terrible investment vehicle.
- The reason that most Americans believe that their home is an “investment.”
- What the definition of a liability is; and
- Why owning your home free and clear still doesn’t make it an asset.
- How appreciation and refinancing play into the equation; and
- Why what looks like appreciation over time rarely is.
- How inflation and appreciation are related.
- The rare occasion that you should buy your own home.
[Tweet “Fact: Your personal residence is a #Liability, not an #Investment! #InvestSmarter”]
[Tweet “No one has ever achieved #FinancialFreedom by paying off #Debt! #APaidOffHouseIsNotAnInvestment”]
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!