For many of the people affiliated with this show — from our loyal listeners to special guests — the book Rich Dad Poor Dad has completely transformed the way they think about money and wealth. In fact, it is the most cited book on this podcast by a long shot. Today, Rich Dad‘s influential author, Robert Kiyosaki, sits down with Matt to chat about his latest book, Second Chance.
Published in 1997, Rich Dad Poor Dad revealed that personal residences are not really assets and that savers are actually losers. Although some people saw the genius in the book’s message, it flew in the face of conventional wisdom and angered the general public. Kiyosaki was blasted by the media and even labeled a fraud by those who were upset that their “middle-class mentality” had been challenged. Then, in 2007, when the subprime lending crisis hit, followed by the quantitative easing in 2008, the world realized that Robert Kiyosaki was right.
With his new book, Second Chance, Kiyosaki invites people to look to the past to help them make better predictions regarding their financial futures. “My new book trains your mind to see what your eyes cannot,” says Kiyosaki.
What our eyes typically fail to see is that there are in fact three sides to the coin when it comes to deciding on a financial strategy. The outdated financial strategies of the poor and middle classes are on one side, while the financial habits of the rich are on the flip side of the coin. But, Kiyosaki suggests, it’s the edge of the coin the provides the best vantage point when choosing your own perfect strategy. He explains that, “Intelligence occurs when you stand on the edge.”
While you watch this Financial Freedom Friday episode featuring Robert Kiyosaki, ask yourself: What side am I standing on?
What You’ll Learn:
- Why most financial gurus peddle a middle-class mentality to their followers; and
- The types of habits that are fueled by that mindset.
- Why intelligence occurs when you choose the 3rd side of the coin.
- What Kiyosaki’s opinion about going to school is.
- The simple statement made in Rich Dad, Poor Dad that enraged a large portion of the public; and
- How he was vindicated in 2007.
- Why Kiyosaki thinks people should be exiting the stock market, even though it’s at an all-time high.
- How he suggests that people prepare for a potential collapse; and
- How learning from the past can teach you to get wealthy in a downfall.
- Where Kiyosaki gets his own financial education from.
- How he got inspired to teach.
- The way he uses debt and taxes differently than the poor and middle class.
Tweetables:[Tweet “If your focus is living below your means to pay off your mortgage, you have a #MiddleClassMentality”] [Tweet “Learn why @theRealKiyosaki believes those with their #Retirement in the #StockMarket are in trouble.”] [Tweet ““Idiots jump in at the top and the rich guys jump in at the bottom” – @theRealKiyosaki”]
Photo: Robert Kiyosaki Facebook
Robert T. Kiyosaki is best known as the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad. This is the #1 personal finance book of all time, which has challenged and changed the way tens of millions of people around the world think about money.
His book titles hold four of the top ten spots on Nielsen Bookscan List’s Life-to-Date Sales from 2001-2008 alone. In addition, Robert has been featured on shows such as Larry King Live, Oprah, The Doctors, Bloomberg International Television and CNN.
Educational Entrepreneur, co-creator of the CASHFLOW® board game, founder of the financial education-based Rich Dad Company and author of New York Times Bestsellers:Rich Dad Poor Dad, Conspiracy of The Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money, and Unfair Advantage.
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Second Chance: for Your Money, Your Life and Our World
- Rich Dad’s Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming…And How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
- Grunch of Giants
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!