This “Just Added” 6th Commandment of Real Estate Investing Lead Generation took me from 2 deals per month to 15!
Lead generation is the engine of any business, and real estate is no different. If you don’t have a consistent flow of leads coming into your business, then you don’t have a business.
Check out this video I created more than five years ago when I was doing a couple deals a month… I had called it Real Estate Investing Lead Generation’s 5 Commandments.
These 5 Commandments of Lead Generation are as valid today as they were then. But now that I average 15 deals per month I have some new insights and there’s a 6th commandment that has enabled me to go from 2 to 15 deals per month.
Watch and listen to the first 5, and then I’ll share with you the 6th…
Looking back, I think the ideas in that video I’d emphasize is: know your minimum deal standards.
Have a minimum profit or ROI you’re willing to work for, and PASS on every deal that doesn’t meet it.
When you know your minimum deal standards, you can act fast, with confidence. That’s Commandment #2 and #5 combined: Don’t Compromise and Don’t Hesitate.
Another idea to emphasize is: Don’t buy. Shop. Shop for good deals. Just because someone is willing to sell you their property doesn’t mean you SHOULD buy it. Shop for the good deals. The deals that are going to move you toward your goals, and stay away from deals that will hinder your progress.
It’s better to miss a good deal than it is to buy a bad one.
Now for the 6th Commandment, and it’s this commandment that has taken me from 2 deals per month to 15: when it comes to lead generation… Automate Everything You Can, and Outsource the Rest!
And this 6th Commandment is really just redefining Commandment #1: Run it Like a Business.
Businesses run on systems, and the more you automate and delegate, the more predictable and scalable your business becomes.
The quality of your lead generation is in the quantity of your leads and there’s only so much you can do on your own.
You can automate some and outsource a bit… but here’s what we’ve found when it comes to automation:
Real estate is still a people business. Every piece of real estate you buy or sell will be from or to another person.
What we’ve found is that just because you CAN automate something it might not be the best idea to do so because automation removes the human element. And when you’re in a people business, that can be a problem. And when you’re talking 5 and 6 figure checks, it can be a BIG problem.
There are examples of “when automation goes bad.” But when automation goes right, however, you get a steady flow of leads, the leads get sorted and serviced, systemized follow up happens, appointments get set, contracts get signed, deals get closed, and checks get cashed.
For us, that’s all automated and delegated, the right way, and it’s what we’ve dubbed here in the Epic office: Seller Sniping.
That is how the 6th Commandment has come to be; automate what you can, and outsource the rest. It’s a major component of our Epic Weapons of Mass Production.
If you’re ready for it, I want to share it with you. I created a 3-day live event where the Epic team and myself will reveal our Seller Sniping strategy. We’ll arm you with rounds of acquisition ammunition, under-the-radar deal reveals, ninja negotiating techniques, double-barrel deal analysis, and so much more.
You can get all the details at EpicIntensive.com.
It’s been great meeting you here virtually, but let’s get together in person and work side-by-side, rub elbows, and make a real impact on your business.
Go to EpicIntensive.com and grab your seat.
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.