With the New Year will come real estate reform — are you ready? If you aren’t prepared, the changes could have a negative impact on your results in the next year. However, every new crisis also creates new opportunities, and in this case the opportunity open to real estate investors is in creative financing. There is a specific strategy that is very likely to become more relevant than any other. If you know what it is and how to implement it, then the upcoming real estate reforms shouldn’t have much of an effect on your business.
On today’s show, Matt explains the new reform and takes you through a particular financing method that just may guide you to the promised land. Does that sound too dramatic? Okay, maybe it is, but we’re serious that this strategy will enable you to finalize more deals and create greater wealth next year (and beyond) than the competition.
“In times of change learners inherit the earth; while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.” – Eric Hoffer
Matt will also be equipping you with every resource and tool that you’ll need to carry out this creative financing technique, at no cost!
This episode is longer than usual, but it’s worth it because it is packed full of valuable information. So make some time and prepare to take notes — you might need to listen to this one twice!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why you should mark your calendar for January 10, 2014, especially if cashflow is a goal of your investing strategy.
- How the Dodd-Frank Act mandates the 4-Cs of mortgage lending.
- How self-employed persons will have to prove their employment under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Why you may need to rethink your financing strategies if you pay alimony or child support.
- How to calculate your debt-to-income ratio, or DTI.
- Why you’ll want to enroll in credit repair if your score is less-than-desirable.
- How this Act will affect wholesalers and fix-and-flippers as well.
- The opportunity that lies in this financial crisis.
- Why subject-to investing is so polarizing; and
- What you need to know to make it work for your situation.
- Why a seller would sell a property while remaining liable for the loan.
- How to convince the seller that you will not default on the loan.
- Why you need to disclose everything you know about subject-to investing.
- What the due on sale clause is; and
- What you need to know to protect yourself.
- The difference between going in the front door and the back door with subject-to investing.
- What a land trust is and how it may help you protect yourself when investing subject-to.
- The steps necessary to become the beneficiary of the land trust.
- The 3 places that the mortgage company can “become wise” to the assignment of beneficiary interests.
8 Considerations of the Dodd-Frank Act:
- You will need enough income (or assets) to cover your mortgage payments.
- You will have to prove your income through employment or self-employment.
- You must prove that you can afford property tax, homeowners insurance, and HOA fees, if applicable.
- You will have to prove your ability to pay any additional mortgages.
- You will need to provide full disclosure of any additional properties you own. You will be required to provide the lender your total monthly obligations for all of these properties.
- If you pay child support or alimony, it will be included in the lender’s income calculations.
- You need a debt-to-income ratio that is lower than 38%.
- You will need a clean credit history and a good credit score.
To redeem the documents, calculator and free training mentioned in this episode, here’s how:
- Go to EpicRealEstateInvesting.com (this will take you directly to the Epic Real Estate podcast in iTunes)
- Click the “Subscribe” button.
- Leave a favorable 5-star review.
- Send me an email to [email protected] with “I did it” in the subject line and include your iTunes username in the email so I can confirm.
- Upon receipt, I’ll reply to you with a link for the online coaching sessions.
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!