Today Matt talks to listeners about a great Business Insider article that explains how to improve your likeability. This is an important topic because, in real estate investing (or in any business, really), likeability is a key people “skill”. The article offers a lot of useful advice and information, including what turns people off, how to make strangers feel at ease, how to use body language to your advantage, verbal tricks you can use on anyone who tries to manipulate you, the top secret to clicking with people, and a lot more!
What You’ll Learn:
- What the backbone of your investing business is; and
- How to access free information on improving this skill.
- Who people do business with; and
- Which of the 3 factors trumps the other 2.
- The most important thing to do with anyone new you meet.
- What non-judgmental validation is.
- What to say if a person you meet starts spouting crazy talk.
- How your ego plays into the equation of likeability.
- What is able to make the logical part of people’s minds shut down and makes their brain prepared to fight.
- How to become a better listener.
- The simple phrase that makes you more likable and makes others to want to help you.
- The 4-step process of active listening.
- The best question to ask people.
- What one of the most potent ways to influence someone is.
- How to make strangers feel at ease.
- Robin’s top 5 recommendations for body language tricks for building rapport.
- How to deal with someone you don’t trust.
[Tweet “If you want to be well-liked, check your #Ego at the door. #NoMoreOneUpping”]
[Tweet “Trustworthiness can get you kicked out of a meeting, but #Likeability will get you in the door.”]
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
- In case you missed it, last week was our 5-day Back to Basics series. This is a great foundation for new and experienced investors! If you’d like to check it out, start here: Getting Started.
- Business Insider: An FBI Behavior Expert Reveals 7 Ways To Get People To Like You
- It’s Not All About “Me”: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!