There are particular efforts, skills, and character traits needed if you hope to find success as a real estate investor. Here are the ones that are most vital:
- The most critical skill for anyone aiming to be a successful investor is people skills. Real estate is a people business, where you’re constantly making business transactions (either buying or selling) with other people. This means that stronger people skills typically result in bigger profits.
- The most urgent focus for an investor who is intent on success is lead generation. Without lead generation, this business simply doesn’t work — in fact, it never even gets started. Generate more leads and you will do more deals … and then you will make more money!
- The most crucial character trait of a winning real estate investor is the willingness to be consistent and persistent in action. Be sure to perform the right actions every single day and you are guaranteed to be a successful real estate investor.
On today’s show, Matt explains the five simple habits that will ensure your success investing in real estate. Adopting these five habits will help you in your effort to develop the most important skill, focus, and character trait for successful real estate investing. Enjoy!
What You’ll Learn:
- The most important skill, focus, and character traits of a real estate investor.
- Why you must get your business contacts to like and trust you; and
- The 3 habits to implement to make you more likable and trustworthy.
- The importance of listening to your motivated sellers’ situations.
- Why you shouldn’t use the word “I” in your initial contacts.
- Why the quality of your leads comes from the quantity of your leads.
- How to stop “digging with the shovel” in your lead generation.
- How the Daily Success Sheet can help you achieve your lead generation goals.
- Why you should consider delegating your lead generation.
- How to use your family to help and use enjoy the tax benefits as well.
- The number of different marketing strategies you should be using.
- Why you should invest in “ugly” bandit signs.
- Why handwritten trumps computer printed when it comes to bandit signs; and
- How to fake it.
- The importance of having a website in today’s business climate; and
- How to drive online and offline traffic to your website.
- How to make a lead generating website without a lot of tech knowledge.
- Why you need to be more visible in your community.
- How to interact with other investors in your REIA meeting.
- What types of tasks you can give to a virtual assistant.
[Tweet “Improve your #BottomLine by learning to build #Trust and #Likeability! #PeopleSkillsYall”]
[Tweet “Listen to your #MotivatedSellers like there will be a quiz afterward! #BuildRapport #DoDeals”]
[Tweet “Doing #Investment deals is like #DiggingForGold – You need a steady flow of leads!”]
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!