You may work hard for your money, but does it ever return the favor? How can you tell? And if you are already putting your money to work, how can you get it to work even harder? Better yet, how can you make that money work extra hard for you without much effort on your part?
Matt addresses all of these questions on today’s show, and he also shares something that he’s never made public before: three reliable techniques that he uses for maintaining and boosting his own real estate investment returns. If it’s your goal to finish the journey to financial freedom quickly and efficiently, then you need to hear this episode!
What You’ll Learn:
- What exactly R.O.I. is, and why you should care.
- How return on investment compares to cash-on-cash return.
- Why an 8% R.O.I. on a C.D. is not as valuable as a 8% cash-on-cash return on a rental property.
- How to calculate the cash-on-cash return.
- What a R.O.E. (return on equity) –also known as I.R.R. (internal rate of return) – is, and why you need to understand it as a well-informed investor.
- Why you must analyze the R.O.E. over the life of your investment.
- The reason that property appreciation combined with increased equity through debt pay down may be slowing you down on your journey to financial freedom.
- The three strategies you can use to increase your real estate’s R.O.I.
- Why you may want to consider charging a “pet rent” instead of requiring a “pet deposit” from your tenants.
- Why you should negotiate property taxes as soon as you close escrow.
- How a quality rehab will increase your R.O.E. through tenant retention.
- What a 1031 exchange is and how to use it to increase the R.O.I. of your portfolio.
- How Matt times the growth of his portfolio with the current “window of opportunity.”
- Why leverage may not be as scary as some gurus have painted it to be.
- How Matt responsibly uses leverage to build his wealth; and
- What he plans to do once his goal shifts to preserving his wealth.
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.