When purchasing real estate, it’s never a bad idea to have a property inspection done, but should you always do it? How do the costs weigh against the benefits of paying for a professional inspection?
Today Matt offers up his strategy for inspecting properties, answering the question of whether investment property inspections are a friend or foe. He also lifts up the veil on the inspection industry so that you can better understand how inspections work, who does the inspecting, and what their reports are like. Matt guides you through his way of reading a report and explains how he uses the report to get price reductions. Experienced investors and newbies both will find lots to learn in this episode!
What You’ll Learn:
- The licensure process of a home inspector and the extent of their duties.
- Why it is important that you understand that not all home inspectors are created equally.
- Who the home inspector discloses inspection results to.
- The liability considerations that home inspectors must respect; and
- How those considerations will affect you, the client.
- Why good home inspectors will typically report everything that they see; and
- Why a long property inspection report doesn’t necessarily indicate a more distressed property.
- When Matt recommends that you purchase a professional home inspection.
- Why Matt doesn’t always perform a home inspection.
- Where to get an inspection that offers more value through detailed repair assessments.
- The four major components that you should review on a property inspection; and
- What exactly to look for in each of these components.
- How a property inspection can be both friend and foe.
- How to use the inspection report as a negotiation tool.
- What your duty as an investor is in terms of negotiating price.
- Why it is crucial that you keep the property inspection in perspective.
- It’s been great meeting you virtually. Would you like to meet in person? Our next live event is right around the corner! Go to EpicIntensive.com for the details.
- Need money? We have secured more than $15,000,000 of funding for the Epic community, people just like you. Get access to fast cash for your real estate investing business with our “one-of-a-kind” credit-based funding program at EpicFastFunding.com
- Need time? Work on your business rather than in your business by leveraging the time of others. Access free information and find real estate-trained virtual assistants to help you free up your time. Learn more at VAsForRealEstate.com.
- Need training? The ultimate training environment for real estate investors: Version 3.0 of The Epic Pro Academy! New look, new lessons & new content – we’ve got everything you need to know to get your first paycheck!
- Need someone to do it all for you? If you’re an Accredited Investor, you can diversify your portfolio by hitching your wagon to our train and share in the profits. Go to EpicWealthFund.com to download the executive summary.
- Learn more about the The Four Major Components of a Property Inspection Report
- Locate a home inspector through the American Society of Home Inspectors or the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Epic Real Estate Investing podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!